ProPERLA® Clear Masonry Creme
ProPERLA® Masonry Crème is designed to insulate bricks and porous building materials. The product chemically bonds to the surface, can penetrate up to 17 mm and will create an invisible insulation barrier.
ProPERLA® Masonry Crème is technologically advanced and comes with a 20 year guarantee.
ProPERLA® Masonry Crème is based on the latest nanotechnology that reacts with mineral groups and actively bonds to mineral surfaces such as concrete and brick and protects against rain, dirt, algae, pollution, oil and others.
- For use on a range of substrates including brick, stone, concrete and sandstone
- Manufactured in Germany using the very latest, superior technology
- It has undergone UKAS Accredited testing
- One-coat protection
- Penetrates up to 17mm into the substrate to provide an invisible insulation barrier
- Chemically bonds to mineral surfaces
- Dries clear, it does not alter the appearance of the substrate
- Super hydrophobic
- Creates a self-cleaning surface
- Highly breathable
- Helps prevent salt efflorescence and sulphate attack
- Helps prevent discolouration
- Discourages growth of moss, algae and lichens
- Prevents frost damage
- Proven performance
ProPERLA® Masonry Crème benefits from a 20-year manufacturer product guarantee but has been proven to perform for 25 years. When tested under accelerated weathering conditions in accordance with ETAG 034:2012 (which correlates with 25 years in service weathering) there was no deterioration in performance or aesthetic appearance.
ProPERLA® Masonry Crème creates an invisible insulation barrier for single skin buildings and those built with a cavity. It has been proven to help retain heat in walls and reduce heat loss. UKAS accredited tests have demonstrated that by reducing water absorption of the walls, ProPERLA® Masonry Crème lead to thermal performance benefits. It has been proven to meet ETAG 004;2011.
Testing in a hygrothermal chamber revealed that a wall coated in ProPERLA® Masonry Crème and subjected to repeated heat-rain conditions in accordance with ETAG 034:2012, resulted in reduced heat loss when compared with the uncoated (control) wall. The uncoated wall showed on average an increase of 6⁰C of heat loss in comparison to the walls coated with ProPERLA® Masonry Crème.
ProPERLA® Masonry Crème improves thermal efficiency and contributes to lower energy consumption and lower energy bills, by keeping walls dry. Damp walls act as ‘thermal bridges’ – enabling heat to transfer from the inside out twice as quickly as it would if the walls remained dry.
Independent testing has shown that ProPERLA® Masonry Crème reduces water absorption by 96.3% and meets the British standard for water vapour resistance BS EN ISO 7783:2011.
ProPERLA® Masonry Crème does not restrict the ability of the building to breathe. Water vapour permeability testing was conducted in accordance with BS EN ISO 7783:2011 and it demonstrated that the coating had little effect on the water vapour diffusion of the substrate.
Application of ProPERLA® Masonry Crème protects the walls and cavities by keeping them dry whilst allowing air and moisture to escape. It maintains the important capability of the building envelope to breathe. Unlike some stone and brick sealing products, it does not block the pores of the masonry by coating them with a thin film.
Interested? Simply call 0800 1075337 and speak to one of our friendly advisors
A surface is considered super hydrophobic if a water droplet beads up (with a contact angle greater than 140⁰ and the droplets can slide aware from the surface readily (it has a small contact angle hysteresis). Super hydrophobic surfaces repel water, causing it to form beads because it is more attracted to itself than the surface. This means water will run off the surface making it extremely difficult to wet.
This is known as the ‘lotus effect’ due to its similarity to the lotus leaf but is also seen on duck feathers and butterfly wings. Substrates coated with ProPERLA® Masonry Crème will respond in the same way – water will form droplets and won’t penetrate the substrate. Independent testing has shown that it reduces water absorption by 96.3% and meets the British standard for water vapour resistance BS EN ISO 7783:2011.
Prevent and protect
By diminishing water absorption, ProPERLA® Masonry Crème has been proven to reduce soluble salts migrating from bricks and mortar thereby preventing unsightly deposits of salt efflorescence. Whilst salt efflorescence is generally considered an aesthetic problem, it does have the potential to cause structural damage, such as the erosion of mortar joints, known as sulphate attack.
ProPERLA® Masonry Crème does not alter the appearance of the building, it helps to maintain and protect the natural beauty of the masonry;
- It mimics the lotus leaf by creating a super hydrophobic, self cleaning surface. Dirt particles are unable to obtain a hold on ProPERLA® treated surfaces and will simply flow off with rainfall
- The growth of moss, algae and lichens is deterred
- Slows the ageing or breakdown of the surface of the building by helping to protect it from the damaging effects of the weather including wind driven rain, frost, high air humidity and sea salt penetrated air
- Performance is unaffected by UV rays
ProPERLA® Masonry Crème has undergone independent tests by UKAS certified body Lucideon and has been proven to meet the following standards;
- ETAG 034:2012 – 25 year hygrothermal performance
- ETAG 004;2011 – external thermal insulation composite
- BS EN ISO 7783 – 2011 – water vapour diffusion
- BS EN ISO 12572 – water vapour resistance